To register a design in Russia, the right holder should contact Rospatent. The submission of documents for registration is allowed in the traditional paper or electronic form.
A person has the right to independently prepare and send an application or use the services of a competent representative. Foreign citizens must interact with the patent office through a patent attorney.
A number of requirements are imposed on the application materials:
- Use Russian language for filing.
- The application form is established by Rospatent. The right holder fills in all the columns in the document.
- The text indicates the true information about the owner of the intellectual property.
- At the end, the document is certified by the signature of the submitter.
When applying for registration, the applicant sends to Rospatent:
- The application for a patent.
- A set of images.
- A drawing of the general appearance and a team chart, if they are necessary to reveal the essence of the declared object.
- Description of the industrial design.
- Document on the payment of the state duty.
After Rospatent receives the application, specialists carry out a formal examination and check the correctness and completeness of filling in the declared documents.
From the moment when documents are registered by the Patent Office and until the final decision of Rospatent is made, the applicant has the right to apply for amendments to the application. The initiative can also come from the specialists of the Patent Office. It is allowed to correct information, errors, update information about the applicant, and make changes in the considered industrial design, which do not change the essence of the originally received application. Regardless of the nature of the changes, the person draws up an appeal in the form of a petition and submits a document to the Patent Office, where it is considered and a decision is made to correct the information or not take into account the received information.