XIV International Forum Intellectual Property - XXI Century will be held on April 26-28
The 14th International Forum Intellectual Property - XXI Century will be held on April 26-28, 2022 at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
The annual forum is timed to International Intellectual Property Day (April 26), which is conducted by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Representatives of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of Russia, Rospatent, the WIPO, the Eurasian Patent Office, the IP Court, and other subject matter experts will speak at the plenary of the Forum.
The Forum program includes 9 panels. On April 26, Sergey Zuykov, Managing Partner of Zuykov and Partners, Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Intellectual Property, will be a moderator of the round table Initiatives to change the legislation in the field of trademark registration.
The participants will consider:
- the possibility of administrative procedures for the early termination of trademarks due to non-use (including in Rospatent), as well as proposed changes to the Civil Code of the Russian Federation;
- payment of a fee for filing an application for intellectual property and setting the priority of the application depending on the date of payment of the fee;
- restriction of registration of trademarks containing the name of geographical objects.
The round table will be attended by Liliya Gumerova, Chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Science, Education and Culture, Viktor Evtukhov, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Vladislav Fedulov, Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Yury Zubov, Head of Rospatent, Ludmila Novoselova, Chairman of the Intellectual Property Court, Alexey Maklakov, General Director of Federal Treasury Enterprise «Sojuzplodoimport».
On April 27, the plenary of the Forum will take place. The President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Russia Sergey Katyrin will make a keynote speech. The invited speakers to the meeting:
- Yury Zubov, head of Rospatent;
- Grigory Ivliev, President of the Eurasian Patent Office;
- Ludmila Novoselova, Chairman of the Court for Intellectual Property Rights;
- Sergey Zuykov, Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Intellectual Property;
- Alexey Robinov, Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Intellectual Property;
- Vadim Kukava, Executive Director of the Association of Pharmaceutical Companies "Innovative Pharma" (InPharma);
- Dmitry Markin, Director for Intangible Assets of PJSC AFK Sistema;
- representatives of the WIPO.